Friday, November 7, 2008

Bolinhos

This is a common appetizer or side dish in Brasil. Very easy to make!

First, you make some mashed potatoes. I assume everyone can make mashed potatoes, but if not..here you go :

cut and peel potatoes and boil. I use a masher I got from Brasil, but you can mash them however you please. I like to mash them so they are fine and creamy. Add milk, sour cream, and garlic salt...mix. Let cool.

Dough:

mix cooled mashed potatoes with flour until you get a dough like consistency. Roll into long strips, that looks like a long snake. cut into 1/2in to 1 in balls..add a little more flour to coat the balls. Heat oil in a fryer. Add a few balls and wait until golden brown, add parmesan cheese and COMER BEM!



2 comments:

ashley said...

Have you been to brazil?!

Ami Bethea said...

My kids would love these, I've got to try them. Ash, Andrea is originally from Brazil.