Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lettuce Wraps with Thai Peanut Sauce!


These are soooo good! I think they rival pei wei or PF Changs. If your kiddos LOVE peanut butter they will like this. Gav wasn't sure until I told him it had peanut butter dip. This is one of his favorites!

*4-6 Chicken Breast Minced ( I just dice in small pieces. ** It is easier to cut chicken when still a little frozen. I set it out and wait and hour and then chop. Then make sure it has enough time to thaw all the way)

Red Onion, chopped finely

*4 cups Shredded Green Cabbage ( I just buy the bag already chopped)

* 2 cups shredded Carrots ( I buy already shredded bags at the store)

*2tbsp minced or powdered Ginger

*8 tsp minced Garlic

Soy Sauce

Lettuce Cups, washed and chilled ( Cut Iceberg head in half and piece cups apart. I do it while they are a little wet and put in zip locks with paper towels)

Cooked Rice, 2 cups

Saute Onion in hot oil until tender. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink. Add rest of the ingredients except soy sauce and saute about 2-3 min. until tender. Sprinkle with soy sauce as desired for flavor. ( I just make sure it changes the color of the chicken. Not to much some people don’t like soy)

Don’t let the cabbage get soggy!

Peanut Sauce~ I make this first and set out

* ¼ C. Creamy Peanut Butter

*1 Cup Sugar

* 3 Tbsp soy sauce

* 4-6 tsp minced Garlic~ I add 6 I like Garlic

* 3 Tbsp water

* 2 Tbsp oil

*** for a little kick I set out Thai Chili paste and put it on top to the peanut sauce in my wrap***

spoon mixture into lettuce cup and spoon a little sauce on top. Fold up and eat! I love with peanut sauce a little soy and a little Thai chili paste! But create your own.


No comments: