Friday, May 29, 2009

Peruvian Pollo Saltado

I was super excited for this recipe I came up with.. I crave it often! we go to Ricon..I think that's what it's called (some Mom & Pop Peruvian restuarant with our friends and it delicious! just wanted to try out my own little version of what they make.. so here you go)


Ingredients:
1-2 tbsps minced garlic
1/4 of red onion cut in wedges
1/4 of white onion cut in wedges
1/4 cup of diced green onions
2 tbsps chopped cilantro
4 potatoes
3 large chicken breasts cut in small slices/pieces/strips..whatever you want
cumin
paprika
soy sauce
black pepper
white wine vinegar
peanut, vegetable oil, or olive oil ( I used olive oil)
red & green bell peppers (opt) or sliced baby carrots (what I used)
1-2 tomatoes

in a ziploc bag.. put chicken (cut up) in with a few tablespoons of soy sauce, a few dashes of cumin and paprika. marinade in fridge for 15 minutes or so. In a wok or deep pan, heat oil, a few tablespoons to coat bottom and cook marinated chicken (work in small batches to cook evenly). reserve cooked chicken in bowl. meanwhile, cut up potatoes into french fries and fry in oil (vegetable oil preferably) until golden brown. drain and set aside.

add about a tablespoon of oil (olive oil) in same pan used for chicken and add garlic until golden brown. add the onions and (opt you can add red/green bell peppers.. I opted out, since I don't like them and just added sliced baby carrots..even better!) stir and fry for a few seconds. add a few splashes of soy sauce and white wine vinegar. add a few pinches of cumin and stir. then add the sliced tomatoes and add a few pinches of paprika, stir. return chicken to pan and toss gently. add chopped cilantro and then the french fries. stir gently and serve with white rice (which I am assuming everyone can make..if not, let me know and I will post..thanks!)



No comments: