Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gooey Chewy Carmel Popcorn

I've been on the hunt for a carmel popcorn recipe that doesn't get hard when it cools, just stays chewy. I tried this one out last night and it's awesome!! The best I've ever had. The original recipe called for a whole can of sweet milk but I felt like it was too much. So I remade it with less and it was perfect - I adjusted this for the recipe below. It is still chewy for days after you make it! Enjoy!

GOOEY CARMEL POPCORN
3 bags popped popcorn (I use "smartpop" since we are adding tons of calories anyways)
1 cube butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 - 2/3 can sweet milk
1 cup karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla

Bring butter, sugar, milk & karo to a boil, continue to boil for 3-3.5 minutes stirring constantly. Take off heat & add the vanilla. Then pour over the popcorn & stir well to coat it all. That's it! Store in a ziplock bag or sealed container.

2 comments:

Andréa Morrow said...

you could even add some nuts to this, to give it some more texture :)
this is a great one to give out for the holidays!

Caryn said...

It was sooo yummy. And it didn't last ling enough to see if it was still chewy the next day.