Sunday, April 19, 2009

Salsa


This salsa recipe I have tweaked here and there and have finally come up with the perfect combination.. at least to my liking!
Ingredients:
about 5 Roma tomatoes
1/2 can petite diced tomatoes (with the juice)
1/2 white onion
1/2 green onion
1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
(depending on spiciness):
1/4-1/2 jalapeno pepper
1/4 Anaheim chili pepper
1/2-3/4 bunch of cilantro
dice tomatoes and onions into tiny pieces. add 1/2 can of petite diced tomatoes along with the juice. add garlic salt, sugar, and lime juice..taste..if too strong, add more tomatoes from the can & juice. dice peppers into tiny pieces, add little by little..taste..then add more according to liking!

really it's that simple..although the cutting takes some time, but well worth it! I don't make any other salsa :) also.. sometimes I add a tiny bit of chopped fresh parsley..or even dried parsley!
hope you like it..
Please let me know if you try any of my recipes.. and tell me what you think or if you have any questions :)

No comments: