Sunday, April 19, 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake




This was the first time I've made this and I made it for my brother's birthday..it turned out great..and it's less fat..you can't even tell!
1/2 c plain graham crackers
1/2 c vanilla wafers
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp butter or margarine
2 1/2 (8oz) pkgs fat free cream cheese
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1/2 c 1/3 less fat sour cream
2 eggs
handful of strawberries
Preheat oven to 325. line circle pan with foil wrapping over the sides. blend graham crackers and vanilla wafers into crumbs. put crumbs in a bowl with 3 tbsp sugar and butter (softened), mix. press into pan evenly to desired thickness..there will be leftovers (you don't want the crust to be too thick). bake 10 min.
beat cream cheese, 1/2 c sugar, flour, vanilla on medium speed. add sour cream and eggs on low speed. pour over crust evenly.
heat strawberries with about 1 tbsp of sugar, until soft, about 1 minute. blend until pureed.
drizzle puree in lines and cut through with a knife to make marble effect..or whatever design you want..I did a 25 for my brother for his birthday..it was fun
bake @ 325 for about 40-45 minutes
cool in same pan, cover with plastic wrap..for at least 4 hours..preferably overnight.
serve with remaining strawberry puree and/or fresh strawberries and whip cream!


1 comment:

Ami Bethea said...

I can't wait to try this! I've been looking for a delicious, low far cheesecake but I had yet to find one. Looks so great.